The new and improved BEAUTY BLEND!
Vida Glow’s Beauty Skin powder is designed as a daily supplement that feeds skin, hair and nails with the essential vitamins and minerals necessary for optimal health.
Beauty Skin is rich in organic fermented whole foods, protein, antioxidants and includes a probiotic blend. The end result is a formula that supports a healthy gut balance, boosts collagen, encourages collagen synthesis within the body and defends the damage of free radical damage and oxidative stress in cells.
Beauty Skin is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are important for forming the cellular structure of skin and hair. Omega 3s support the suppleness of the skin, largely through its ability to retain moisture and promote skin hydration. Essential fatty acids are also known for their anti-inflammatory properties, which assist to reduce skin irritations.
Protein is essential for the health of skin and growth of hair and nails. Our beauty Skin is enhanced with Pea and Hemp protein, as well as protein-rich foods such as Chia, Flaxseeds, Pumpkin Seeds and Quinoa. Protein plays a vital role in our bodies to build and repair tissues and is integral to the structure of all cells, including our skin, hair and nails. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, there are nine essential amino acids, which must be obtained from food as our bodies cannot synthesis them. Chia, Quinoa and Hemp contain all nine, making them a ‘complete’ protein.
Chia Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Flaxseeds and Raw Cacao powder are all high in vitamins, minerals and trace elements needed for healthy hair, skin and nails. These nutrients contribute to cell regeneration, tissue repair and the formation of collagen and elastin, thus supporting the skin structure and reducing the visible signs of ageing.
Antioxidants are vital in the maintenance of healthy cells, especially skin cells. Antioxidant levels in foods are measured by their Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) score; the ability of antioxidants to absorb free radicals, which normally cause cell and tissue damage. The higher the ORAC score, the higher the level of antioxidants present in food. Raw Cacao Beans has the highest ORAC score.
Cacao is also very high in antioxidant Vitamin C that neutralises free radicals that consume collagen and elastin (the fibre that supports skin structure) and can cause wrinkles and other signs of premature ageing. Vitamin C is a super vitamin for hair, skin and nails and is abundant in Beauty Skin, it assists collagen formation in the body, and protects the skin from overexposure to heat and pollution.
The superfoods in Beauty Skin are made to be recognised by the body for efficient absorption of nutrients as well as aiding digestion. With a delicious Cacao and Maple flavour, chosen specially for their healing properties, this blend is the perfect addition to a healthy breakfast, warm nut milk or even in water.
Taken daily Vida Glow’s Beauty Skin leads to clear, hydrated and luminous skin, strong nails and healthy hair.
Signs Beauty Skin is right for you:
- Dull looking complexion
- Skin breakouts, skin irritations, red or inflamed skin
- Dry skin
- Weak or brittle nails
- Lifeless, dry, unhealthy hair
- Boosts collagen production
- Increases skin hydration
- Improves skin’s elasticity and firmness
- Increases nutrient profile of daily diet for hair, skin and nails
- Strengthens nails
- Improves hair health
- Enhances immunity
- Muscle repair and recovery
- Improves energy
How to enjoy
- Add 1 scoop of Vida Glow Beauty Skin to 1 cup of water (or beverage of your choice).
- If substituting water for another beverage we recommend coconut water or a plant-based milk (almond, cashew, or coconut) that does not contain added refined sugars. Keep in mind this will change the nutritional profile of your drink.
- Shake or blend well
- You can also add it to a smoothie. This is optional as when formulating our Beauty Skin we made sure it tastes great just in water!
Organic Pea Protein - offers a great tasting, high protein, low carbohydrate, hypo-allergenic and easily digestible protein powder.
Organic Raw Cacao - is a superfood containing a variety of unique phytonutrients, including high amounts of sulfur, magnesium and phenylethylamine. Raw cacao is best known for being rich in natural antioxidants.
Organic Jerusalem Artichoke Inulin powder - is a superior functional food which acts as a natural prebiotic
Natural Maple contains some important antioxidants and minerals like zinc and manganese.
Organic Hemp Seed Protein powder - is an excellent source of protein because it contains all the known amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids that the body can’t produce on its own and must take from dietary sources.
Organic Fermented Blend
- Spirulina is a natural algae (cyanbacteria) that is high in protein and a good source of antioxidants, B vitamins and essential amino acids, as well as being naturally high in iron.
- Spinach has an extremely high nutritional value and is rich in antioxidants. It is a good source of vitamins A, B2, C and K, and also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
- Sweet potato -is nature’s storehouse of beta-carotene—a key phytonutrient known to enhance the immune system. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin C, manganese, copper, dietary fibre, vitamin B-6, potassium and iron.
- Pumpkin seeds are a nutritional powerhouse with a variety of nutrients such as magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, antioxidants and protein. They also contain the plant compound phytosterols.
- Sunflower seeds are a unique food, rich in many types of essential, and sometimes hard to get, nutrients such as Vitamin E, copper, B Vitamins like thiamine, phosphorus and selenium.
- Flaxseed are the richest sources of a plant-based omega 3 fatty acids called alpha-linolenic
- Millet contains a uniquely high content of nutrients, including B vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, magnesium and healthy fats.
- Quinoa is a complete protein with all nine essential amino acids. It’s also a very good source of calcium, magnesium and manganese, as well as contributing useful levels of several B vitamins, vitamin E and dietary fibre.
- Chia seeds (see below)
A note on Fermented Foods
Fermented foods are foods that have been through a process of lactofermentation in which natural bacteria feed on the sugar and starch in the food creating lactic acid. This process preserves the food, and creates beneficial enzymes, b-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, and various strains of probiotics.
Organic Pineapple powder is known to be the richest source of the unique enzyme ‘bromelain’, which acts as nature’s exfoliant assisting the departure of dead skin cells, revealing new skin. Pineapple powder is also filled with valuable nutrients such as manganese, vitamin B1 & B6, copper and dietary fibre. It is very high in antioxidants, in particular Vitamin C.
Organic Chia Seed powder is a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fibre, antioxidants, and calcium
Inactive nutritional yeast Zinc powder is one source of complete protein and vitamins, in particular B-complex vitamins. It contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc. Zinc is needed for the turnover of and repairing of skin cells.
Organic Sea buckthorn juice powder - is derived from berries known to contain 10 different vitamins, 24 trace elements, and 18 amino acids. They are rich in protein, and have a high concentration of some rare essential fatty acids.
Kakadu plum powder offers the most potent level of Vitamin C content, 100 times that of oranges. The Kakadu plum contains huge antioxidant and phytonutrient properties, working together to support collagen production, reduce hyper pigmentation and prevent skin changes due to ageing.
Probiotic (L.acidophilus, L.plantarum, L. rhamnosus, B. lactis, B. longum) blend - Probiotics are the good gut essential for healthy and vitality. Probiotics beneficially affect the body by improving the balance of flora in the digestive system. Probiotics aid digestion and help the absorption of minerals; all of which is needed for healthy skin and regeneration of collagen.